1．Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
In handling the personal information of applicants, Company Group will strictly comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, other related laws, guidelines, and other regulations concerning personal information, as well as this Policy.
2. Acquisition, use and provision of personal information
Company Group will obtain personal information of applicants through appropriate means, and will use personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use described in "4. Purpose of use”, and Company Group will not use applicants' personal information in a manner that may encourage or induce illegal or improper activities.
Company Group will obtain the consent of the applicant before providing his/her personal data to any third party, with the exception of cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act.
3. Personal information to be obtained
- Various information (name, address, age, date of birth, gender, nationality, telephone number, e-mail address, educational background, work experience, qualifications held, current and desired annual income, etc.) provided in the resume, work history, and other documents submitted by the applicant during the screening process.
- Any information obtained through communication (whether in person, by correspondence, or by any other means) in the course of recruitment activities.
- Any information relevant to the selection process obtained through background checks, reference checks, or other verification procedures conducted with the applicant's consent.
- In addition to the above, all other information related to your application history and the results of the selection process.
4. Purpose of use
Company Group will use the personal information of applicants to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes.
- Recruitment and selection
- Contacting applicants and responding to inquiries
- Reviewing employment conditions, deciding whether to accept or reject applications, checking application histories, investigating applicants' work history and background (including background checks, reference checks, and other verification procedures), and conducting other procedures necessary for employment selection
- Post-employment procedures (including visa acquisition and special health care measures) and management as employee information after employment
- Various questionnaires
- To send information and materials on services provided by Company Group
- To research, analyze, and improve recruiting activities
- To provide applicants with information about Company Group employment opportunities, events, etc.
- To manage information in accordance with laws and regulations
5. Joint use
Company Group will share the personal information of applicants to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use stated in "4 Purpose of use”, as follows:
- Information to be shared
Information described in "3. Personal information to be obtained”
- Scope of joint users
MEDLEY, INC. and its Subsidiaries (click here for details）
- Purposes of use by persons who share the information
To achieve "4. Purposes of use”
- Party responsible for management of shared use
Roppongi 6-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 10-1 Roppongi Hills Mori Tower 13 F
Kohei Takiguchi, President and CEO
- Measures to Ensure Appropriate Joint Use
When personal information is shared with a Subsidiary located in a foreign country, the Company will establish a system necessary for the continuation of reasonable measures in that Subsidiary to protect personal information
6. Safety control measures
Company Group will take necessary and appropriate measures for the safe management of applicants' personal data against leakage, loss, or damage.
7. Supervision of contractors
When outsourcing the handling of applicants' personal data, Company Group will select an appropriate outsourcing partner and provide necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure that the personal data is securely managed.
8. Procedures for disclosure, etc.
When an applicant requests notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion, suspension of use or elimination, suspension of provision to a third party, or disclosure of records of provision to a third party regarding retained personal data, Company Group will comply with such request in accordance with the procedures prescribed by Company Group.
9．Acquisition of personal information in a manner not easily recognizable by the individual
Company Group will review the operation of its handling of applicants' personal information in a timely and appropriate manner, and will strive for continual improvement, and may change this Policy as necessary. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on Company Group's website.
11. Contact for inquiries
If you have any comments, questions, complaints, or other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, please contact us at the following address. Please note that we do not accept inquiries in person.
Personal Information Manager
[telephone number] 03-4520-9820
[office hours] 9:00 am to 6:00 pm weekdays
Adopted January 1, 2023
Revised June 16, 2023
Revised September 26, 2023